Water parks are the best thing ever! My family has always enjoyed going to water parks. Now that we are an RVing family, it’s so easy to head to the best water parks if we are in the area. Not to mention, my kids are getting older, which means more water park fun is headed our way in the future. Check out the Top 10 Best Water Parks in USA.
Top 10 Best Water Parks in USA
#1. Kalahari Resorts Located at the Wisconsin Dells – With a 125,000 sq. ft. indoor water park PLUS an outdoor water park this ranks at the tops of the list. With everything from the Victoria Falls Family Rafting to Safari Splash, this one is a don’t miss.
#2. Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, KS – Home of the tallest water slide in the country it even holds the Guinness World Record! It is 15 stories tall and riders reach speeds of 70MPH!
#3. Water Country USA Located in Williamsburg, VA – Aftera Long Day of taking in the free history in Williamsburg, VA, you can head to Water Country USA to cool off. Known for the best drop slide, adrenaline junkies take note!
#4. Dollywood Splash Country Located in Pigeon Forge, TN – I love the pigeon Forge area because you really can’t beat the views of the Smoky Mountain National Park but this water park has more than that! With 23 slides including the Mountain Scream body slide and that isn’t all. This park is also home to RiverRush the home of Tennessee’s first and only water coaster!
#5. Noah’s Ark Located at the Wisconsin Dells – The nation’s largest water parks makes the list for that reason alone. With 51 slides, two wave pools, and a surfing simulator, there is so much to do! But you must check out the Black Anaconda as well, named America’s most thrilling water coaster, it takes riders through the dizzying course at speeds up to 30 mph.
#6. Splashin’ Safari in Santa Claus Indiana – This park is home to the world’s two longest water coasters which make every ride unique! You ride on a 6 person raft that turns on the way down so you could go down facing forward and land at the bottom facing backward!
#7. Legoland Water Park in Winter Haven, Florida – This on make the list just on theme alone. What kids wouldnt have a blast at Legoland tand then go crazy for a lego themed water park? Not to mention they stay true to the lego theme with the build a raft river where you build your own raft!
#8. Aquatica Waterpark Located in Orland, Florida – Sea World’s Aquatica Water Park is one of the top-three most popular water parks in the country! What really makes this park unique is its animal-interaction rides. Rides like Dolphin plunge were visitors slide underwater through enclosed tubes along side swimming dolphins.
#9. Water World Located in Federal Heights, Colorado – With over water 40 attractions this parkis know for its water coast the Mile High Flyer that is one of the best in speed and intensity. The Storm is a raft ride that tkaes you through a recreation of a storm ment to thrill and disorient you .
#10. Roaring Springs Water Park Boise Idaho – Home of the 6 story Cliffhanger and Corkscrew Cavern Idahos first inverted looping water side.
All of these parks have excellent reviews. If you don’t see one listed in your state, I would suggest Googling the “best waterparks in (insert state here).”
Water Park Tips
Now for some safety tips for the hours and hours you’ll be spending at the water park this summer.
- Dress your kids in bright colors. It’s always easier to find my kids whenever they are sticking out in bright colors. I’m one of those moms that literally counts her kids every other minute.
- Set ground rules. Kids need to know that water is no joke. Setting ground rules with your kids help them to understand that you can have fun, but still be safe while at the water park.
- Locate emergency personnel. I always look for emergency personnel before I start my day at the water park. If an emergency happens, it’s nice to know where everything is before it’s too late. I always make sure they have an emergency kit and that I have access to it or I bring my own with me.
- Don’t forget the sun protection. Something else I do to help my kids have fun at the water park is to make sure I bring sun protection. Sunscreen is applied often and sunglasses and hats are encouraged where applicable. Kids can sometimes fight me in this aspect, but I definitely enforce the sunscreen thing.
- Identify adults who can help. In case I’m not close enough to help one of my four kids in an emergency, I help point out, to my kids, who the emergency personnel are. It’s vital that they know this, so they can get help if needed.
What is your favorite water park? Let me know in the comments below.
- 15 Free Things to do in Hot Springs AR - June 8, 2020
- 8 Tips For Planning an RV Road Trip You Need to Know! - April 8, 2020
- 48 National Monuments & National Park Virtual Tours - March 31, 2020