One of the things I love about RVing and staying at campgrounds is the campfires. Some of the best talks come around a campfire, not to mention campfire games and some of the best food! You also tend to make the best friends around a campfire. So why not turn that great place into a homeschool lesson?
Campfire Games – Memory Match Game Printable
For many, not just full-time travelers, summer means camping means family time. I mentioned recipes earlier, and I love me some smores! Plus campfire hot dogs are the best. Better the grilled any day! I love having some drinks (the frozen kind) with some friends new and old! My kids seem to have gotten their love for campfires from me as well.
We took this and embraced it. We started with a campfire play set for the kids. We added several books to our collection too. The kids love them!
My son loves these books. He reads them himself or he reads them to his sisters. Now those frozen drinks I mentioned. Here are a few of my favorites.
Ok, now I know you came here for the free printable. So I won’t keep you any longer. I also put together this free campfire memory match game. My kids love it. Make sure to print 2 copies, so the kids have something to match each one too 😉
Looking for some other great printables? Check these out.
- Campfire Science Activity
- Let’s Go Camping!
- Happy Scribe – Let’s Go Camping!
- Exploring Nature: Camping
- Math Readers Grade 2 (Geometry): Camping
- Math Detectives: Mystery of the Crazy Camping Adventure
What campfire resources have you used and loved? I’d love to add to my list!
- 8 Tips For Planning an RV Road Trip You Need to Know! - April 8, 2020
- 48 National Monuments & National Park Virtual Tours - March 31, 2020
- 6 Must Know Yellowstone National Park Vacation Hacks - March 24, 2020