I remember visiting Myrtle Beach as a kid, and a lot has changed since then. I remember it just to be one water park after another, over time the mini golf courses have taken over the water parks but some fo the best parts of Myrtle Beach, the free parts remain the same. The boardwalk the pier and more. Here are the top 10 free things to do in Myrtle Beach SC that will keep your budget and your family happy!
10 Free Things to do in Myrtle Beach SC
1. The Beach – With everything else there is to do this is the #1 reason many of you will visit Myrtle Beach. Plus it’s free.
2. Vereen Memorial Historical Gardens – This is an 115-acre nature preserve with boardwalks, and you ca walk by a Civil War Cemetary!
3. Horry County Museum – Learn about Myrtle Beach’s history and even it’s wildlife.
4. South Carolina Hall of Fame – There are many interesting people that have come from South Carolina. See them all here in the hall of fame. People including eight of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and a Nobel prize winner. John C. Calhoun, Andrew Jackson, and Apollo astronaut Charles M. Duke.
5. Garden City Beach Pier – This pier is free to walk, and often they offer free concerts on the pier as well.
6. Franklin G Burroughs – Simeon B Chapin Art Museum – Lots of great contemporary art. Day to day self-tours are free, but bigger tours and events will have a fee.
7. Broadway at the Beach – I can’t begin to tell you everything there is to do here, but the best thing is free, people watching and window shopping. There are tons of stores, restaurants, and attractions; it’s a great exercise to walk the Broadway and just take it all in.
8. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade – Just like Broadway at the Beach tons to take in and see, plus it’s right on the water, and there are attractions like the SkyWheel you can use my tip for getting free Groupon bucks and get a free ride!
9. Barefoot Landing – This is a recreated fishing village and is located around a 27-acre lake. There is so much to see and do plus because of the lake there is a lot of wildlife to see as well
10. Market Common – Lots of dining and shopping but they offer lots of free events too so make sure to check the calendar. Events they are known for are Movies Under the Stars and live music.
Did I miss anything free to do? Leave me a comment and I’ll add it to the list!
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, gypsy soul, and full time RVer, and Roadschool Family!
We have been on the road since August 2015, and loving travel and seeing new things! I am sharing our journey along the way!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Antique Archaeology Nashville Tennessee & Surrounding Shops - September 18, 2018
- 24 Free Things to do in Naples, Florida - September 13, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World Christmas Decorations - September 11, 2018